Child Pages

Home
Up

Scroll down for more ...

UPDATED: 05/07/12                                                                                                    Visitors:  Hit Counter

Bancroft

 

 

 

Bancroft School
43rd & Tracy
Principal:  Cora Campbell

On a hilltop at 43rd and Tracy the Bancroft School, a  two room frame building, opened it’s doors on September 20, 1904.  Soon after opening, a second frame building  was moved into its place beside the first one, then another and another, until there was a group of four small buildings.

In a few years students watched while the first wing of a new building had been started and they moved into that new ‘beautiful school’ in April, 1910.  At that time Bancroft had an enrollment of 406 students and nine classroom teachers.

Once again space became limited and in December, 1913 the other wing of the school was completed.  By 1922 the enrollment at Bancroft School was 920 students.

Copyright  © 2012, Paseo Alliance, Kansas City, MO                 Page Top